ICU Drips for Beginners
Drip Management for New Critical Nurses and Students
Nervous about managing drips
as a nurse in the ICU?
Don't worry, I was pretty intimidated at first as well.
If you'd like to step on the critical care unit and already know what people are talking about when they throw around terms like, "pressors," "levo," and "Y-site," I've created a free resource just for you.
Introducing: ICU Drips for Beginners, a self-paced free mini course for students and nurses new to critical care that covers the crucial foundational aspects of successful ICU drip management.
With ICU Drips for Beginners, here's what we'll cover:
- Important drip and physiology terms
- How a vasoconstrictor actually works
- What your orders and documentation need to have
- How to physically obtain, administer, and manage them safely and promptly
- An overview of the top drips used in most ICUs
- Tips, tricks, and advice
And here's what you'll get:
- A drip chart PDF download of the top ICU drips and their titrations
- A blank drip chart PDF download so you can customize it to your specific needs
- A 4-page course summary PDF download after completion
- Follow-up tips and encouragement
Kati is a nurse educator with a passion for new graduate nurses. She has been writing blogs, books, hosting podcasts, and speaking all over the country since 2013 specifically to support this unique and important group. Kati has been a member of the profession since 2010 with experience in med-surg, stepdown, and neurocritical care. She has been a preceptor, mentor, charge nurse and is now a nurse educator. Kati was awarded Nurse of Year by the Charlotte Business Journal, and named one of the Great 100 Nurses of North Carolina, both in 2015. Kati is also a published author with the American Nurses Association.
StartWelcome, Author and Disclaimer
PreviewImportant Terms & An Example
StartTitration, Goals, When to Start, How to Get Them
StartAdministration, Central Lines, Common Errors, Resources
StartFinal Thoughts + Summary PDF Download
StartBONUS - ICU Drip Chart (PDF Download)
StartBONUS - Blank ICU Drip Chart (PDF Download)